Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 5 Day 2: Toothy

Gavin is getting another tooth. I may have neglected to report the first one. I can't remember. That one cropped up about a week ago. But now he's got two chompers poking through is bottom gums right there in the middle. I found the second tooth today while I was changing his diaper. Wait. I just made it sound like I found a tooth in his diaper. No. Thank God. It's just that when he's up on the changing table I can get a good look in his mouth and sure enough there were two little flashes of white cropping up in his gummy smile. Stacy said tonight that she can feel them when he nurses. That he's not biting her, she can just tell they're there.

Naps were imperfect today, to say the least. A lot of time soothing and re-soothing. Getting down for his first nap an hour late pushed the entire day back.

I'd like to give a shout out to Pampers today for containing the vast majority of my son's vast waste output last night. While it did leak some (there was pee up the back of his onesie, considering he emptied his bowels and bladder (the later several times I'm sure) it could have been so much worse. Keep in mind I actually prefer to use disposable diapers that are as earth friendly as possible, but the Nature Baby Care ones we have now do not cut it for night time. That diaper's biodegradable and sustainable materials would have exploded all over the nursery walls.

Gavin had his first meal in his highchair today. Stacy fed it to him. She'd taken the straps out of the chair to wash them (because it's secondhand and highchairs see a lot of graphic messes) and she put them back all clean (except for the crotch strap, which does not come out. I plan to bleach that sucker tomorrow). Gavin looked very regal in his chair, if not a little confused. But Stacy had a really easy time with feeding. No dogs and cats lurking at spoon level, fewer distractions for the babe, plus the babe is strapped in and stationary and if you've ever tried to feed a child in his exersaucer, you'll especially appreciate this. So I'm actually excited to feed him cereal tomorrow. By this weekend we might even give him some banana or something crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment