Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday, December 19, 2010: Florida bug

We made it to Florida. Gavin was miraculously better yesterday. No more puking. He was tired and a little weak and took a three hour nap, but he was by all indications good to go. So on a plane we went. He loved being on the plane. He was looking out the window at all of the equipment trucks and the airplane next to ours. It was a Frontier plane with a big bear on the tail. Very appropriate. He was very animated and excited. When we took off Stacy nursed him. We figured that he'd fall asleep after that. But he was awake for the majority of the flight. Once he did fall asleep he was curled up koala style against Stacy's chest where he became a 28 lb. sweat lodge.

But the good news is we're here safely. The bad news? When I woke up this morning the first thing Stacy said to me was, "I've got it."

"You've got what?" I asked foggily.

"What Gavin had. I've got it."

Oh, Jesus. She spent the day today completely miserable alternately wrapped up in blankets and bathrobes like we were in Michigan and running to the bathroom.

Gavin spent today playing with a toy golf club set his Granny borrowed from a friend who has grand kids of her own. He had a pretty good day today. He was happy and adorable. And of course he wanted Mommy, who wanted to die (figuratively, of course).

So far I don't have it. And I want very much to keep it that way. Cross my heart and hope to live.

1 comment: