Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday, December 14, 2010: Another snow day

Gavin was Mr. Crabby Pants today. Very clingy to Stacy. Didn't want anything to do with me. This is our second snow day this week, which means we were all hanging out together today.

We tried to take advantage of the snow and the daylight and the time off to get a photo of Gavin in his Christmas sweater yesterday and today. No luck. He wasn't having it. I can't blame him. It was really cold outside. We got a few shots before he told us to shut it down. Mind you, they're cute, but they're not Christmas card cute. Because you're supposed to have the perfect photo to send out to show your friends and family, some of which hardly even remember that you had a baby let alone that you now have a toddler, because sending just any old snapshot is proof that you're a terrible parent.

We were supposed to go to his daycare holiday party tonight, but it was canceled because of the snow day. They're going to have a little pizza party on Friday for the kids during the day. Since I don't have to work I'm going to see if I can stop by. Santa is supposed to be there and everything. Maybe I can get some good photos.

Oh, and I got a job today. A last minute surprise appointment from the UofM. So I'll be teaching in the Winter. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. So we're going to see if we can switch his day care around. I would like to have him home with me on Fridays. In any case, this is ultimately good news for us, though for those of you who were hoping I'd get laid off so I could post here more often, I'm sorry. Also, don't be so selfish. Also, I'm doing the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment