Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2010: Away Bear

I am at Amanda Carver's house in Clearwater, Florida. My son is a couple of hours away in The Villages with Stacy and his Granny Marilyn and her husband Paul. He's in good hands. I am sure of it. But this is the furthest away from him I've ever been. I wonder what he's doing right now. Surely something cute.

Stacy got over her illness in about 24 hours just like Gavin, though it took her several days to get her appetite back. I never got the bug, thank god, but I did pass a kidney stone. It hurt, but not that badly all things considered. It must have been right there, teetering on the edge, ready to dive into my bladder. I am not complaining. I am glad I didn't have to go to the hospital in The Villages. They don't even let anyone under 30 into the swimming pools. I can only imagine what the age requirement is for the emergency room.

Gavin went on a golf car ride with Stacy and his Granny yesterday. This was originally something I was against, but Marilyn and Paul's new golf car has seatbelts, so Stacy was able to sit Gavin on her lap and belt them both in. Apparently he loved it. I didn't go because I needed to get work done for school. Getting my grades in and ordering textbooks for next term.

Paul's been showing Gavin various tools and stuff in the garage. Gavin seems to be digging it. Yesterday he took Gavin up into the attic. It made me a little nervous, but I trusted that Paul wouldn't let him fall. Paul was on the ladder the whole time with his torso above the ceiling and his legs below, so there was never a chance that Gavin would stumble through the opening or anything. Paul also showed Gavin how to sommersault yesterday (not related to the attic in any way, thank god), and watching Gavin try to do it was pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Amanda is hollering at me to get in the shower so we can go to lunch and Big Lots. You know what they say, "When in Clearwater, go to the Clearwater Big Lots." I am happy to be here. Will be happy to see my Bear again tomorrow though, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment