Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, July 18, 2011: Birthday countdown

In an effort to maintain my sanity, I let Gavin watch a DVD about trucks. In said DVD, two unaccompanied children, a boy and a girl, wander around a truck stop and befriend a random trucker they do not know. The boy mistakes the trucker for his father who runs the place (yeah, sure, little boy. Your dad is The Boss). Then they're in the cab of a truck with this guy. The girl keeps saying things like, "Look how big it is!" Soon they're talking on the CB to a trucker named Big Rig Betty. "But she's a woman!" the girl says and the boy is like, "Duh!" So it's got that going for it. But when they get in the sleeping cab with this guy I'm like, "Yikes. Gavin and I are going to have to have the "Don't get into a sleeper cab with strangers" talk soon.

While watching the show, Gavin looked over and me and said, "Gavin. Watch. TV. Trucks." Lord help me.

Thankfully Gavin's attention span is not long enough for him to be a couch potato. Soon after the kids make it out of the sleeper cab alive (spoiler alert) he lost interest and wanted to use the new little gardening rake I bought him at WalMart (shame) to rake the couch. Go for it, dude. Rake the couch.

I am a little stressed out right now. Gavin's birthday is in two days and I have nothing ready for his party. Our kitchen is not done yet, so that puts a wrinkle in my plan to make amazing cupcakes to impress the other parents and thus prove my own self worth. My mom would no doubt let me make them at her house. I just don't know when I can make them. Time is not on my side.

My biggest problem right now is Henri. Poor Henri has always had a screw loose, but ever since Emma passed he has been beside himself. Crying or barking pretty much constantly. Stacy refuses to be alone in the house with him because he will not stop barking. I can't really blame her. But that means I can't leave to go anywhere unless I take him with me and since it's been like 90+ degrees there's no way I can leave him in the car and obviously most places of business aren't thrilled with the idea of having a dog there. Unless I want to buy all of my cupcake making goods at Pet Supplies Plus. Which I don't. Unless it comes to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment