Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Week One Day 1: Nobody died

I started my new job as a stay at home mom today. I didn't choose this profession so much as it chose me. I used to teach at the University of Michigan (just a lecturer, don't get excited) but then I got laid off. Seeing as my wife and I have an almost 6 month old son and a week of day care is more expensive than an evening with a call girl, we decided that I would stay at home with Gavin. It's not really how I ever imagined my life, but I don't really think you can imagine your life after you have a kid. And anyway, once you have a kid, all bets are off. So here I am.

As for my first day: nobody died. I never manged to shower. But I did eat once or twice. And Gavin drank all of his bottles and took all of his naps. We played with toys. We danced and sang to Lady Gaga. It was exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment