Trying to figure this whole parenting thing out.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 9 Day 1: Gap toothed

Gavin's sleeping was pretty crappy all weekend. I've had a cold and yesterday Stacy was in bed with some kind of stomach ailment. Food poisoning is our best guess. I'm a little worried he might be coming down with something and so isn't sleeping well as a result.

Stacy was home with us for the morning because she called in sick. She felt really terrible yesterday. If I needed any proof it was when she asked me to get her white grape juice at the grocery store. Stacy doesn't drink juice normally. And when she does drink juice it's, like, pure cranberry juice or something.

Gavin wasn't the most cooperative eater yesterday, either. For me anyway. I think because Stacy was home he was all, "Why would I want to eat rice cereal when Boobie Cafe is in the next room?" She was only with us half the day, though. She felt so much better she went into work for the second half of the day.

Amanda came over yesterday before heading to class. She stops by pretty frequently which is good since Gavin is entering that stage where he's leery of new folk. When I take him to the store and stuff he does not flash his wonderful little smile at people. Instead he regards them with slack-jawed awe. This is not gratifying for the folks who coo at him and say things like, "Look at those beautiful blue eyes." I know I love it when babies I don't know smile at me. Eventually my son will return that karmic favor to the world.

Gavin's two bottom teeth are super prominent now and his two top teeth aren't far behind. He's got a really big space between his two front teeth. Stacy said she had a similar space when she was little, but then she got braces. Her teeth are perfect now. Maybe Gavin will have to have braces, too. When I said something about Gavin's gap-toothed smile Amanda responded with, "I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It's not your fault you're so gap-toothed." It's from Mean Girls, a movie I saw and thought was way over hyped even if I do think Tina Fey is hot. Amanda memorizes movie dialog like she's a savant. She also does spot-on impressions of everyone in our family. This already includes Gavin.

Amanda Carver arrives tomorrow afternoon. I am super excited. I wonder if Gavin will remember her. They met at Christmas. In Florida. At Stacy's mom's house. Amanda lives in Florida. So does Stacy's mom. Though not together. That would be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment